About this Course
The TacMed Advanced First Aid & Resuscitation course has been developed for people who work in remote, austere or complex environments who may be required to treat critically injured casualties or resuscitate a cardiac arrest patient using specialist equipment.
An intense 3 Day course, this has been developed to bring individuals from a limited first aid level to become competent and confident as an advanced first aider.
Through this course you will learn how to comprehensively Access, Assess, Stabilise and Evacuate a range of casualties in the high-risk environment to ensure the best patient outcomes.
Our highly experienced clinical instructors will also cover subjects such as Situational Awareness (SA) and mindset for the high-risk environment. With TacMed’s proven methodologies and a decade of experience delivering emergency and tactical medical training in Australia, participants will not only gain the skills but will feel confident to apply them when seconds count.
TacMed Australia nationally accredited courses are delivered under the auspice of TacMed Training Australia RTO 41552.
- Prerequisite 18+ years
- Physically fit (be able to walk 1km with a 10kg pack)
This blended training program is offered to individuals, groups or organisations and consists of the following elements:
- Online E-Learning package including online E-Learning Modules and Assessment required for completion prior to face to face delivery days.
- Face to Face (3 Days) practical training and assessment package
On successful enrolment, the participant will receive a confirmation email of enrolment, followed by log in details to the Pre-course E-Learning Material and Assessment where the participant also has access to E-Learning resource.
This course is NOT recommended for childcare workers, teachers or those caring for people under the age of 18 years. The HLTAID004 Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting is the recommended qualification where people requiring first aid are likely to be under the age of 18.
Life support management including:
- Allergic Reaction
- Airway and choking management
- Basic Triage
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- Fracture management
- Envenomation Management
- Seizure and Epilepsy
- Spinal Injuries
Advanced resuscitation skills including:
- Insertion of airway adjuncts
- Use of bag valve mask (BVM)
- Administer oxygen
- Use and maintenance of resuscitation equipment
Statement of attainment in:
- HLTAID001 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (Accredited) issued by TacMed Training: RTO 41552
- HLTAID002 Provide basic life support (Accredited) issued by TacMed Training: RTO No 41552
- HLTAID003 Provide first aid (Accredited) issued by TacMed Training: RTO No: 41552
- HLTAID006 Provide advanced first aid (Accredited) issued by TacMed Training: RTO No: 41552
- HLTAID007 Provide advanced resuscitation (Accredited) issued by TacMed Training: RTO 41552
These will be forwarded to the participant’s nominated email address.
(Where a participant successfully completes individual units without completion of the full qualification a Statement of Attainment will be issued for those individual units completed)
Participants with injuries or conditions that present limitations for them participating in the practical activities need to be aware that the Community and Health Industry Skills Council has directed RTO’s undertaking this training that participants must satisfactorily complete all practical tasks without modification.
Participants who have physical issues that limit their ability to perform CPR as per the ARC guidelines will not be able to be awarded a Statement of Attainment. Due to the requirements of maintaining a safe learning environment, TacMed Training reserves the right to withdraw any participant(s) on the grounds of safety.
Should you have any concerns of your physical capabilities please contact us prior to enrolling.
To ensure quality training and assessment, class sizes will be restricted to twenty (20) participants only.
Online E-Learning – self-paced learning viewing of Modules and Assessments (approx. 6 – 8 hours).
A computer with internet access is required for the E-Learning material. Satisfactory Pass is 100%.
Participant support is available via email or telephone with our qualified Trainers.
Face to Face
This component will be delivered at the advertised location.
Should the participant not be successful on the first attempt at completing the theory assessments, a second attempt at no charge will be offered. Should, on this second attempt the participant not be successful, they will be deemed Not Yet Competent and no Statement of Attainment will be issued.
The Australian Resuscitation Council recommendation that CPR skills be refreshed at least annually (see www.resus.org.au guideline 10.1 CPR recertification) and the Safe Work Australia Code of Practice recommendation that First Aid qualifications be renewed every three years.
All participants will have access to the following prior to the commencement of the course:
Course Information Sheet
- Instructions on completing the online enrolment via our student portal – JobReady
- Participant Handbook.
- Any other information requested by the organisation or individual and agreed to by TMA Training.
What to Bring
Participant’s should bring with them the following items to ensure the best possible learning environment during the training:
- Comfortable clothes suitable for lying on the ground, and appropriate for the training venue
- Hat, bottle of water, lunch and snacks
- Pen and notepad for taking any relevant notes
Please refer to Participant Handbook
If the course is cancelled with greater than a weeks notice, a cancellation fee is not applicable. If we receive less than a weeks notice, a cancellation invoice to the value of 50% of the course fee will be raised with our payment terms.
In cases of extreme hardship, application in writing can be made to the CEO to vary these terms.
The fee for a certificate replacement is $25 (GST incl.) and will require the participant to advise their name and other suitable personal information for identity confirmation.